Monday, December 24, 2012

CPBB'S

As you know that this is not a food blog and I am ssssoooooo not a foodie. But I do have a blog and I'm going to use it to remember how I did my annual Rice Krispies Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls this year. So here goes! 

My kids and I hate the way the peanut butter mush feels on our hands when we roll it into balls but we love these yummy treats to much to not make them!! The sticky sensory thing we have results in peanut butter blobs and not balls. So this year I started use two spoons to divide up the peanut butter mixture into same sized (nearly) portions. I tried using a scoop but it was just too sticky.  
 
Once I had that all sorted out we covered our hands and parchment paper with powdered sugar and rolled the dough into balls and then plopped them into paper cups. Next, chill them for few minutes while the chocolate melts.

Okay no let's talk about the chocolate. Humph! For years I've avoided adding in pectin or Crisco to my melting chocolate but this year I finally gave it a try. I did so because my improved PB balls looked like round brown globs. (Refer back to the first sentence to this post).

Ta dah!!! I think that result speaks for speak for themselves. Pretty and appetizing! 
I am off to pack these up for our neighbors!!

No comments: