Sunday, May 20, 2012

Vintage Tray Wall


I am so in love with my vintage tray wall that I finished up today. It's only taken me 3 months to get it all done. Why do personal projects take me so darn long? I've got to take some each week to get a little bit done for my home!! I have to say that the Country Living Fair sure did motivate me to nest a bit more!!
I bought the wire hangers from a very kind Etsy shop ower!! Marmee Rob's Shoppe They were great for the bigger trays, nice and sturdy!! For the smaller trays I used the sticky disc's that I got off of Ebay. I have to say they were pretty wonderful, just make sure you get out a measuring tape and really get the disks centered. You know I learned that one the hard way, at least you can reposition them if you don't get them right the first time.  
I love these so much, I've been collecting them since we moved into the house 14 years ago. If my memory serves me right the large round coffee tray was the first one and was gift from my MIL! 

Which one is my favorite? I have to say that the 2 BBQ trays really do make my heart sing!
What about the extras? I've got to have some laying around that I can use, don't I? We use our trays as project trays. Lego's, embroidery, or homework. Trays are great to keep things in one spot.

1 comment:

Nishta said...

Your display of trays is excellent -- I love it and hope to have a similar display one day. I already have a vintage rooster tray and am in search of the red BBQ like yours!