Monday, February 14, 2011

Birthday fun!

Well, I did it again. I turned 39 for the 4th year running. I know what your thinking, but it's true. Ask my kids they'll tell you. I had a great birthday this year. It started out on Friday night when I got home and found a new lamp in my bedroom--that man of mine really pays attention! Then on Saturday I got these two new books from the kids. (Somehow they ended up on the hubbies Amazon wish list, weird huh?)
For lunch I choose one of the few places that makes the whole family happy, Noodles & Company. I roll with a pretty picky gang. so I love this place. I get good food, and they get plain food. Look at these handy chopstick holders that kept us all very happy while we waited for out food.

"I did it!" How darn cute is this child of mine?
This one looks a little skeptical about the chop sticks actually working... that's my boy, always thinking!
Just in case you didn't understand plain food, its nothing but noodles and salt. The chopsticks did jazz it up, don't you think?
One of the other great reasons I chose Noodle & Co. was that it was in close proximity to Quilting Adventures. I sent Don and the kids to the comic shop so I could buy a little birthday fabric. I am sneaky, aren't I? I just had to go back for another round of fat quarters for more Betty aprons. I love these Robert Kaufman prints.
 I didn't see these last week, but what the heck, right? Love me some fruity goodness.

After I met back up with the fam, we headed off to Movieland to see Gnomeo and Juliet in 3D. It was the perfect Saturday afternoon movie. So funny and so darn cute! I have to say it's as good as Shrek and The Incredibles, and I could see them 100 times. Oh wait, I have seen them 100 times. Silly me. 
We spent the rest of the night cuddled up watching a Cupcake Wars marathon--it was almost as good as eating real cupcakes.

No comments: