Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Mixin' it up!

I went on a bender yesterday, a decluttering bender! I started in the dining room from hell and made my way around the first floor of our home.  I haven't done that level of decluttering in ages. Now, don't get me wrong, I have done my fair share of this and that, but when you only have 4 days off in 3 months, things tend to pile up!  It doesn't help that I am a "piler". I make piles for my piles!  I have to admit I like a good pile, but enough is enough.
They kids and I went to work, with our new friend Mr. Chicken! Fly Lady taught me that you could rule the world 10 minutes at a time, so that's what we did. While the kids dusted and vacuumed I took some time decorating!  Here are a few pics of my pretty new vignette in the foyer. How can the most neglected space in the house is also the most seen? That's just wrong.
 Check out my Flickr Collection for more photos of our home!  

2 comments:

Beth Allums said...

I want to know where that bird tray came from - love love love.

Kelly McCants said...

The tray is adorable isn't it? It came from Ikea! We need to have a road trip don't we?