Wednesday, August 19, 2009

birthday scavanger hunt


birthday scavanger hunt, originally uploaded by ModernJune.

Today my baby turns 9 and we are having a fun day to celebrate. I love this age when they know just what they want for the birthday. Aidan hasn't had a big party in about 3-4 years, he has been choosing low key parties with family and close friends. So this year when he was ready to invite all his new friends and have a big shindig I agreed wholeheartedly. I am glad he has branched out in his little world. It is nice to see them grow.

I have 50 million things to take care of so I will be quick and show you the scavenger hunt guides Don and I made for the kids. They will have to translate the hieroglyphics into words then find the object in question to move forward. I will have them come to me after they finish a page for a little trinket. (sorry friends, small plastic junk all my creative juices are focused else where these days)

I hope they enjoy it as much as I did making the guide. I love that kind of stuff. I am thinking we have to do this on a larger scale for the block party this October! How fun could that be???

1 comment:

Katy said...

That's so fun!!! I bet he loved it!