Friday, October 24, 2008

Announcing the OILCLOTH ADDICT BLOG!


OCA Sewing tips: Needles, originally uploaded by ModernJune.


You all know that I recently opened up a second Etsy shop, OILCLOTH ADDICT, well to support the ongoing popularity of oilcloth I have set up the OILCLOTH ADDICT BLOG! Our mission is to teach you how to use this fantastic fabric the best you can. My team of professional stitchers will guide you through tutorial and sewing tips!

So let's get this party started!

As in all sewing you have to start with a good needle, the OCA team prefers Schmetz Needles I can find them easily at our local Joanne's fabric store or check out Erica's online sewing shop for them too, she has them for 4.30 a 5 pack.

Now lets talk needle size...for general sewing I use a size 12, I switch to a size 8 needle when I do any top stitching.

Please check back frequently for more sewing tips from OILCLOTH ADDICT!

No comments: