Thursday, August 7, 2008

Happy post!


cutting spot, originally uploaded by ModernJune.

OK-OK enough of the "Debbie Downer" posts. Time for some happy!

Back in April, I promised myself that if I did not use my treadmill that I would sell it within the month. HA! that did not happen. I didn't use it and I didn't get rid of it. Not until earlier this week--it is now in Janet's (best neighbor ever) loving care. I think that is appropriate since she made this cute little smart Alex comment about my treadmill... "Oh, I thought that black stand up thing was a clothes rack--tee hee."

I love the studio now that I have more space. It feels like a real room, and I no longer feel like I am walking into a cave. I have not been working down there much this week, but I have been making my calls down there. I really just like being down there. It's losing its "storage room" qualities.


Not only did I remove the big black treadmill, but I moved all the bolts of oilcloth that flanked the stairs. This also opens up the space, as you walk into the room. I love how great the oilcloth looks all together--seeing all 30 different types of oilcloth is some kind of fun!

3 comments:

Spinneretta said...

I hardly think worrying about your mother is being Debbie Downer!!
I hope she is doing better, I know my husband and I had a time looking after my MIL when it came to that, but hopefully your mother will get better soon!

Rosemary said...

ah, that oilcloth is so yummy! I always buy yards and yards at Warrenton when i go, just to have! LOL!

Kim Bates said...

Best wishes with your Mom! It is hard being so far away!
That oilcloth looks so good all put together- I'm drooling. My daughter is moving into a studio apartment and wants a tablecloth with that fabric. I will have to order some from you- must measure table first- it's tiny.