Thursday, August 7, 2008

getting back to it...

I am not sure I like being a grown up! : ) I have spent more time on the phone this week than I thought possible. Nurses, Doctors, Discharge Managers. Those phone calls stress me out. I never know the right questions to ask. I get all tongue tied and never get the entire story. I told my best friend Christy that this medical situation is a lot like a needing to put together a 500 piece puzzle with out having a photo to go by. Piecing together the information that my incoherent Mother gives me with the information that she has given my brother and sister, then adding in the quick fire information that the medical staff offers it's a real challenge.

My Mother was discharged from the hospital late yesterday and is hanging out with my sister and her family. I know she will enjoy the time with my little niece. We hope that she will be able to go home after the medical alert system is installed this weekend. We also need proof that she can actually take care of herself at this point.

We are not done though not by any means. It looks like the brain tumor that she has for 19 years could be causing a lot of her problems. It is a benign tumor located in her parietal lobe. The doctors believe that it is time to remove it. We don't know how fast they would like to move on this. Honestly, they do not seem to in a hurry, this give us some time to get used to the idea and to get ready. Scary stuff.

I have not been able to get anything sewn for days. Well yesterday I tried to finish two special order banners and it took me 10 hours to get it done. I had to stop 100 times to be on the phone. But when I could actually sew I ached all over from the stress. I actually put my head down on the sewing table and fell asleep. URG! I hate this.

I laid in bed this morning trying to decide when I should re-open the shop. I am so tired. I think I will give myself a few more days and then start listing what is already completed. I may not list very many custom items, just the deluxe splat mat and the tablecloths. I will also lessen the amount of aprons I will offer. I think that will help with my stress level a lot. I have come to realize that I have a really big job. This is no longer a little hobby, this is a real business.

I have to get back on top of this Modern June thing quickly. I have wholesale orders to complete. Plus I have some wonderful upcoming press in September. Time to be a big girl and get back to it!

No comments: