Thursday, June 26, 2008

Pop Garden and Bijoux fabric


Pop Garden and Bijoux fabric, originally uploaded by ModernJune.

Oilcloth is great. Don't get me wrong, but lately I have needed "the touch, the feel of cotton!" It's been a while since I have looked at a fabric and known exactly what I planned to do with it. I just pre-ordered some of the new Heather Bailey fabric that is due out in independent quilting shops this summer. I'll be making ruffled aprons with this FANTASTIC fabric. This fabric makes me happy! I want it now!

Ruffles have always been like zippers, on my "I don't do those" list (insert the "I don't do windows" tone of voice). Recently I received a ruffler from a new friend and I am dying to use it. My distain for the ruffle stems from my costuming days -- I can't tell you how many yards I have gathered in my life time. Can you say near permanent burn out?

Here are the four fabrics that I have chosen! I can't wait for get it!!!!

1 comment:

Delice said...

Those are beautiful fabrics! I agree, the feeling of that cotton fabric on your hands is quite the high!